tired of crashing?

Combat mission is a really cool game but the constant unexplained crashing and quiting to the desktop is starting to become more trouble than the game is worth. One day it works fine, the next it doesn't. I have tried the numerous suggested fixes with mixed but disapointing results. I don't feel that this game was ready to be sold (at least to Mac owners). I have a pretty standard system (mac g3) and feel that the bugs should have been worked out before hand. I didn't pay good money to be a beta tester. I do expect a game to crash every once in a while but not 60% of the time.

If I sound frustrated, I am.

toshiro

Guest ACTOR

Gentlemen, I would have to say that your problems with CM are unique if you are unable to fix. Have you asked some of the folks on the Forum that have Macs what it is that they do that allows them to play without problems? I have a PC, and while I had some problems initially I got it running with a couple of tweaks.

Yes, I have, ACTOR. Please see my post, "Mac can't load 3d graphics" for a detailed list of the things I've tried.

I have an "off the shelf" machine with no modifications except added RAM, so why would this problem be unique? Look at all the messages that are on this board -- someone posts something every few minutes.

It's pretty bad when you turn to the "Troubleshooting" section of the game manual and it tells you to post your problem on a message board and ask another player for help.

I'm dying to play this game -- it looks pretty fun, but I can't get around it's pretty huge problems yet.

Matt

Guest JAZZA

I feel your frustrations,I have been trying to figure out what is causing lockups when playing CM for 3 weeks now and i'm starting to run out of ideas on how to fix it.

Guest Big Time Software

1. If you're running Norton Disklight - turn it OFF.

2. Try setting your desktop to 640x480 before launching CM. If that works, try 800x600 (or 832x624).

3. The backside cache may be causing problems. You can disable it with "G3/G4 Cache Profiler" from www.powerlogix.com . I think it's free.

4. Have you downloaded the very latest drivers (i.e. extensions) from ATI? www.atitech.ca . I think what you want is ATI Universal Installer 3.3.

Charles

hi

had same problem with quiting to desk top and a very rare where mouse would not

work.regarding the quiting to desktop this would happen when i was on a large map wirh with 200% advantage smile.gif.and for me at least its seams to br related to memory.so long as i don't overload the map it runs with no problem since i became aware of the memory considerations.i have a g4 400 mhz with 192 ram os 9.04(also trashed the movie as suggested).i haven't had the mouse problem in quite some time either. don't give up on this fantastic game smile.gif

bill