Silent Background Mod

This is my first mod so hopefully someone will download it soon and let me know how it works.

It should work good, I tested zip and everything several times and the file downloaded to my computer fine.

Let me know what you think.

Download at CMMD.

tongue.gif enjoy.

//

Always wanted to hear only the sound and intensity of your own firefights without listening to some hurling wind, fake explosions, and fake gunshots in the background ?

Background noise drive you crazy ?

Can't even listen to your TV or favorite DVD while playing because of the insane background noise ?//

[ May 07, 2008, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Dragon67 ]

BTW- there is no annoying background clutter at all with this mod- I have been using it in games all day and rifle shots and explosions are crisp.

With the background sound before, I never appreciated the volume of fire a single 9 man squad could put out in this game because it was concealed by the background sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to respond so long after you first posted, but I just discovered your mod and I wanted to say thanks, it's great. Now when you hear gunfire there is no danger of confusing it with the background sound-it always means something in the scenario you're playing. I don't suppose you are interested in doing a silent file for the background music as well?

Originally posted by Percival:

Sorry to respond so long after you first posted, but I just discovered your mod and I wanted to say thanks, it's great. Now when you hear gunfire there is no danger of confusing it with the background sound-it always means something in the scenario you're playing. I don't suppose you are interested in doing a silent file for the background music as well?

All you need to do to get rid of the music in the intro, download scenario (splash screen), and the "end of battle" screen is the following:

1) go to the zfile and open the "silent Background" file.

2) copy the WAV file "silent".

3) paste it three times and then change the names of the new files to:

music end of battle

music intro

music splash

4) you could also paste any music "WAV" file on your computer and rename it to any of the above to customize your own background music. For instance, I have "Gimme Shelter" as my intro song and a couple of tunes from Rage Against the Machine as my splash and end of battle tunes.

Any problems let me know and I will create the silent file for download.

(PS- anyone else reading this, the "silent background" file I refer to in step one is the mod I created you need to download from CMMD.

[ May 21, 2008, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Dragon67 ]

Thanks for this. I'll give it a try. I've now learned how to use the unpacking and packing tools and they seem pretty straightforward to use.

Not sure whether to add any music...you can get sick even of the stuff you really like if you hear it enough. The music that comes with the game is good, I've just heard it too many times. I might try setting up a series of files and swap them in and out from time to time. Interesting to read what music files you like-it started me wondering what other people have gone for as background music, if any.