Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A few dumb questions

Egon

Howdy !

1. What are those "Syrian spies" for and how would they make sense in my next scenario ?

2. Is there a method to have some taxis and Toyotas in a scenario (for decorative reasons only) without spoiling the game results with scores for destroyed vehicles ?

3. Is CM:SF capable of saving different camera positions (yes, I know there is a wonderful .pdf-manual but unfortunately it´s some klicks away on my gaming comp) ?

I play realtime and sometimes, in the heat of the battle, some of my heroic forces get smoked while I am trying set up a new camera position.

4. Is there any "zoom view" option ? I kinda miss a pair of oldfashioned binoculars to have a quick look at what´s happening e.g. down that road, in that village on my left flank, etc.

(using camera view --> see 3.) smile.gif

Greetings - Egon

1. I haven't really messed with them much yet, but AIUI, the 'spies' are valuable as spotting assets -- they're very difficult for the US player to spot, especially in built-up and populated areas (they're abstractly assumed to "melt in" to the local population), and they can report information about what they see to other Syrian forces.

2. Those with more experience with the Editor can probably give you a more complete answer but I think you can do this by tweaking the victory conditions. You could also simply start them in the scenario as "destroyed".

3. No, though Steve has said this is something that may eventually get added a few patches down the road.

4. Yes. Default keys to control the zoom are "Z" , "X", and "C".

Cheers,

YD

... rgr that and thx-a-lot, YankeeDog !

I guess my scenario will look great with some burning taxis ("OMG ! Lots of civilian cars were shot up there" - "Negative, Sir, those were Syrian SpecOps Spy taxis !") :cool:

Spies could help also. My current map project has a 3.750 x 3.750 km grid.

BTW: the map is almost finished, looking forward to add troops, attack plans etc. soon (the funny part of the job). Then, endless days of testing and finetuning. I still wonder how some guys manage to finish full 5-8 scenario CAMPAIGNS without getting mad. I had to give my project a break, lately, when I realized that I had begun dreaming at night about this certain location in the Syrian desert. smile.gif

Greetings - Egon