Problem with MaxiGamer Xentor 16 on closing Windows?

Is this a known bug? When I've been playing CM and then close it, and close Windows (98), the screen goes crazy - mainly black with lots of white dotted lines across it (some flashing, IIRC), and the damn system doesn't close down.

------------------

--

Ook!

{aghl} - We're all monkeys!

Guest Big Time Software

I personally haven't seen a report like this one yet. Make sure you have the most up to date video drivers and DirectX 7. It sounds like a driver issue to me.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

I personally haven't seen a report like this one yet. Make sure you have the most up to date video drivers and DirectX 7. It sounds like a driver issue to me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, thanks for the response. I'm on DX7, and have the latest drivers for my card. There is no such issue with other games which I think would exercise the card more, like fps' (Half-Life and variants, for example) using this config.

One thing I had forgotten is that when I try to close Windoze I get the ol' blue screen (several times). I'll post the details this evening (assuming I don't get distracted into playing CM for too long :)

------------------

--

Ook!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Orang:

Steve, thanks for the response.

[...]

One thing I had forgotten is that when I try to close Windoze I get the ol' blue screen (several times). I'll post the details this evening<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, better late than never :)

"Fatal Exception 0D at 2747:00000010" is the short version.

Could it be something to do with my AGP Aperture Size? I reduced this some time ago (currently 32MB) because otherwise system RAM gets gobbled which is probably only rarely used.

I'll have a lOok! after the next time I play and see if there are any stray process still drifting around which might be causing problems (I have VC++ installed, so have Process Viewer rather than just the task list which shows nothing untoward).

------------------

--

Ook!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Orang:

"Fatal Exception 0D at 2747:00000010" is the short version.

I'll have a lOok! after the next time I play and see if there are any stray process still drifting around which might be causing problems<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, some success here. I noticed two odd looking processes - mm<something-or-other>.exe and ddhelp.exe - which I'd never seen before. I shut both of these down and then shut down Windoze and all was fine.

I don't really want to have to start Process Viewer and do this manually every time I play, so some sort of fix, if you can find one, would be nice.

Hope this info helps you find and fix the problem.

------------------

--

Ook!