Tank moves spontaneously changing to FAST

I'm still gathering data on this on, as I haven't been able to reproduce it on a consistent basis. I do seem to recall it happening occasionally in CMBO as well.

My favorite tank trick is to zip up to the slope of a hill in FAST, put it in HUNT and peek over the top, then put it in REVERSE and tuck myself back down.

In two different CMBB games, I've had this cocktail of different moves all turned into FAST. The only thing they've had in common was that the hills were quite steep.

In a STUG IIIe, the AI had to replan my move into a complex dance because it had to work around some steep slopes. It appears that the change to HUNT was lost in the process, which was understandable because the new path didn't look much like the old path. I don't remember precisely, but I think it did remember to keep the REVERSE at the end, so I was perfectly happy with this.

The next case was more disturbing. A STUGIII was traveling half way across the map at which point this little dance was tagged onto the end of the move. ALL the moves were converted to FAST, and I did NOT see any change in waypoints to avoid slopes. Nevertheless, the hill was pretty steep, althought it may not have been steep enough to have "slopes" in it. The STUGIII that was driving in tandem and doing the same thing did not suffer any difficulty; I had to replan the move and pause the other STUGIII so they would arrive at the same time.

I do recall this happening from time to time in CMBO. Usually, when inspecting my moves, I notice everything has been changed to FAST before the tank has actually gotten there and I can change it back in time. However, I wonder if it might be behind some of the mysterious deaths I've occasionally had where tanks would turn their butts to the enemy before backing down, thus getting killed (a REVERSE order turned into a FAST order?)

I'll be happy to send you my system specs if requested, but I'm not sure which aspects of the specs you need. Perhaps this problem is independent of the system type?