Icon Problems in v1.04

c3k

Gents,

I'm in the midst of testing crest lines and early intel (a toggle selection in the editor) and found an issue, heretofore unbeknownst to me. smile.gif

The Syrians, one squad each in a house, open fire on the hapless US platoon who think they're safe behind a berm. (That issue, berms, crestlines, etc. is discussed elsewhere.) THIS issue is the "?" icons which cover the Syrian positions. (Playing at Veteran difficulty.)

At a distance, say 100 meters, the "?" icon is only partially visible. It is anchored at the center of the house. (The houses are the smallest available in the editor, 1 "square".)

The "?" diamond base touches the ground and the top 1/3 pokes through the roof. The part through the roof is all that is visible.

As the camera approaches the house location, the "?" disappears; it shrinks into the house, submerging under the roof.

Moving the camera closer yields no improvement. The "?" stays invisible.

ENTERING the house provides the missing clue! The "?" icon is there, INSIDE the house, but reduced in size to the equivalent of a kitchen tile (game scale).

This seems to be some sort of scaling issue. The icon attains some sort of relative size when first positioned. Then that size stays fixed in pixel terms. I.e., if the icon is created as being 100 pixels wide at a game range of 150 meters, it does NOT grow as the range closes. At a range of 2 meters, yes, 6 1/2 feet, the icon is still only 100 pixels wide. At that point, 2 meters, all the other items have scaled to a much larger size.

Questions, comments, deletions?

Thanks,

Ken