My First Game

First off my system is below the specs needed for the game: P4 3 Ghz 1GB Ram Intel 82915 VG 910GL Express Chipset Family. The good news is the game works mostly.

I only printed out pages 16 - 20 and have read no more.

I Selected to play a QB on the hardest level with the US Forces in a tiny assault on a village in WE GO mode against the AI.

The Briefing page did not work for me.

I got a Co of Engineers with Strikers.

I finally figured out how to load them into the vehicles and position the vehicles in the setup area. It's easy once you figure it out or even if you read up on it I would guess.

The map is a hill to my left covered with either an orchard or farm field. Ahead is a cluster of buildings surrounded by a wall with a single building across the street form the cluster.

Two more building clusters one on the left edge of the map an a walled one still further out.

My "Plan" is to move a single Stryker fast to the central area and assault the single building while the other platoon move up to support.

I issue the orders select the Company Co and hit the Go button.

Things actually move and relative spotting is confusing at first as my units turn into ? and back to normal Icons.

I assault the Center Buildings but forget to turn off my area fire so the guys stay on the first floor and will not move up stairs. I guess I would not either if the upstairs were being plastered with 50 cals.

From the roof tops I can see Enemy Infantry in the open behind the left hand village.

I have a real Group Grope getting the troops back into their vehicles and organized into platoons.

Leaving one Plt on the roof tops a second moves left fast and then hunts forward toward the LOS on the Enemy around a hill. The third dashes accross the Enemy Los and assaults the left hand village heading for the roof tops.

The Enemy troops did not deploy or move as far as I could tell.

I got a Total Victory with 1 Vehicle lost, 3 KIA a few WIA. the enemy were all KIA, WIA or Missing.

Against a human player I thing I would have been wiped out.

I like it it will work out. I need to read the manual but I hate reading PDFs So I guess I wait for the Mailed one.

It will probably replace Computer Ambush as the most expensive War Game I've ever bought once I buy a new PC to run it on properly.

Now to find a human to play against.

[ July 27, 2007, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Pfc Driscole James E ]

Originally posted by Pfc Driscole James E:

Maybe because in Quickbattles there are no briefings. Which of course brings the question why the briefing screen isn't skipped... the beta testers of this game really suck. ;)

Unless you mean some other kind of problem?

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pfc Driscole James E:

Maybe because in Quickbattles there are no briefings. Which of course brings the question why the briefing screen isn't skipped... the beta testers of this game really suck. ;)

Unless you mean some other kind of problem? </font>

Originally posted by Pfc Driscole James E:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sergei:

Which of course brings the question why the briefing screen isn't skipped... the beta testers of this game really suck. ;)

Give the poor Beta Testers a break they have to leave something for us to find. </font>