One week on...

Hi folks

I've been playing Battlefront games since CMBO and have been reading the forums for a long time but have never bothered to post. I was, and still am, a great fan of the old CM1 games, particularly CMBB. Loved the theatre of ops...

Anyway, I downloaded the demo first to make sure that it ran with my Vista 64 Home Edition operating system and had no problems. Once I knew that the game would play, I downloaded it and have been playing every day since.

Yup, there a bugs but I haven't seen a game released in a long time that didn't have any. No, it's not CM1 but then I wasn't expecting it to be either. I was hoping for something better and it works for me. And my years of experience with CM games tells me that most of the issues people have will be dealt with in a couple of patches or three (I'm not expecting anything major next weekend anyway)

I know that it's just my opinion but I think this game is WAY cooler than the CM1 games. And it's only going to get better as time goes by.

My favourite feature is the new editor. I love designing scenarios and the new AI scripts make some really incredible things possible for the future. However, it'll take me a while to get anything created that's playable. I will never knock the CM1 games because I still love playing CMBB but I think the new AI scripting will make intelligent AI attacks a real possibility. For the record, I have NEVER lost a CMBB QB battle when the AI was attacking because it couldn't do anything intelligent. Clever use of objective flags by the designer could help the AI make a more realistic attack but this can't happen with a QB.

I love the new CC2 in the game too. I am currently playing through the tutorial campaign for the second time in RT with Elite (first time in sissy Boot camp mode) and it is a completely new, and exiting experience. I think I'm going to prefer this style of play in the future once the new UI and the camers is second nature to me.

So, to conclude, I would like to say a big thank you to Battlefront. Looking forward to the patches and the expansion too. I'm not too sure my wife approves though as she's not seeing so much of me as before.