DropTeam PR 2

152mmDumbRocket

Posted by missinginreality

-definitely need a replay feature to get multiple views of same piece of action

That already exists, and I've found it excellent. But Clay hasn't updated the replay server in a long time.

Posted by you

I got a bit bored watching the machinima stuff to be honest - 9 minutes of cg characters botting around doesn't make for hooking viewing for me; a good 60-120 secs of fast paced storyline/action beginning middle end stuff that makes me want to see th eoutcome is what's iportant for me. Kind of like the see-saw batt we had the other day - what a short that would've made - toasting the engineers, you taking out the sams, getting a cutter in, taking the two towers, getting pushed back, retaking, all good stuff and would've been worthy of a short in my mind.

I agree. 10 minutes of people getting stuck in trash cans, running into problems, and just plain being unrealistic, never agreed with me. What I always liked was the stuff like the YouTube videos in the links I posted. And yes, mate, that round on Raid would have made an awesome short.

Posted by you

-be nice if it was commercial version to get rid of the watermark or we crop the movie down with letterboxing

The first one's nice. In addition to not having the watermark, the payware version of Fraps can record up to 2560x1600 and all the way up to 100 fps. Not that your hard drive would hold that (better get a 1 terabyte drive!), but it's that capable.

Posted by you

-be nice if it's OK with BF to make some visual changes to the footage too, sexy it up a bit beyond what's on screen, some postfx, visuals etc.

If we made it in collaboration with Battlefront, they could do that, and maybe record in HD, depending on their hardware.

So here's the plot I have in mind for The Company: A mechanized company takes up position on the Raid map. They get surrounded but do not give in. Eventually, a relief force arrives.

P.S. Check out the Machinima channel on YouTube. The creator of the channel's got an excellent 2-part video about how to make a machinima. Pay particular note to the 2nd part when he talks about video capture.

Well, I've found out more about video capture, and I've found this great device:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815306013

I now think it's possible to get some footage into Windows Movie Maker, or I could use Fraps (the payware version). Now, all we need is good voice acting. I've got a Logitech USB microphone (not the mike you normally hear me through), so I'm good.