A technical issue.

yurch

There is an odd behavior that occurs in conditions where input is stopped. This is easily reproduceable offline but it's actually only a concern when it happens online. I will explain.

You can see this if you point your turret at something close, and begin driving forward. While you are doing so, hit either the tab key or the spacebar key. This will 'freeze' your input for lack of a better term.

Your tank will continue forward at full throttle(I actually like this part), but the turret will remain oriented at wherever it was pointed. Now, this is basically a non-issue, but it's related to something else.

Some units, namely the viper and the infantry, determine thier orientation purely through this turret facing. You can use the above method, pointing at the ground, to get the infantry walking in stupid circles. Checking the map in the viper can be a bit hazardous.

Now, why, you ask, do I bring this up? It seems that something online is causing an effect similar to pressing tab or space at seemingly random times. Particularly when the server/connection is less than optimal.

With long flights on the viper, I often notice the craft trying to orient itself to bizzare locations, even on clearish connection days. The closest "solution" to this seems to be moving the mouse ever so slightly at all times.

Today, with 9+ players on and the server getting unresponsive, my infantry were walking (even flying) in circles during transit unless I kept the crosshair pointed high in the air.

I would venture a guess that the crosshair contact location is being sent (instead of the angular view orientation), and this is failing to update on occasion if the client doesn't constantly move his mouse around.

Hopefully this can be looked at and/or cleared up.