Voting, commander mode and you

yurch

Is there a way to get rid of commander mode? Often when new guys come in, they feel the need to vote a commander - but in a 2 or 3 person team, it's often a hinderance instead of a help. So one guy is stuck commander, often when he's clearly needed to be killing things instead.

Also, the voting bar/process is weird. If for instance, there are two people on the team, one votes me as commander, and I vote no, I end up as commander. The voting bar only goes halfway.

I think if, say, 1/5th of the players vote for a map change, and the rest don't vote at all, the bar goes 1/5th of the way and the vote passes. I think the bar 'capacity' should change to reflect how many people are actively voting and how likely that vote is to pass - that bar should be 100% full unless somebody votes no. The minimum percentage requirement to pass a vote should be marked somewhere on the bar.

i agree. commander mode can be definite hindrance.

I have been playing on the demo server again (because there more players there) and newbies are often voting commanders which then makes it impossible for other to drop turrets etc.

I would rather just NOT have it.