Transparent Text Bug in Win2K!!!

Well, this has been talked about in some other threads; Is everyone who's running Win2K having this same problem? There's something wrong with the background refresh that causing the text background to be inherited from the Windows desktop. For instance if I hit Esc and then bring up a Windows Explorer window in full screen then go back in, things look O.K.; if I do this again but resize the Explorer window so that it's smaller it affects the text display depending on the size I make the Explorer window. I've seen people on this forum complain while using various different video cards so this appears to be a fundamental problem with Win2K support for CM. While normally, the text in the game is not very important, it does become a problem in Quick Battle and the Scenario Editor. I'm running 1.03.

More details:

when I start the game up, all looks fine until I go into the main graphical display. The menus and all other text are very hard to read. Alt-B displays no text at all; however, if I bring up the mission briefing, then hit Esc and then immediately maximize the game I can now see the briefing just fine. When I go back into the graphical display everything is screwed up again. Any solutions for this? Running Win2K with a TNT2 Nvidia using their latest Win2K driver and DirectX 7.0a. Would going back to DirectX 6 help?

Guest Big Time Software

robo - AFAIK this is a problem limited to Win2K. We're not sure of the exact cause but we're looking into it. Most likely, though, we'll just have to wait for Microsoft to release a "service pack".

Charles

Aha! But Dell is in Cahoots with MS wink.gif I installed the Demo on my computer at work (Dell, Win2K, TNT2 64, _Dell TNT Driver_) and it works just perfect on that machine, but when I install the latest NVIDIA driver (5.22?) I get pretty much the same exact problem on the Dell. I've got a Gateway at home and they're way behind on Win2K drivers. I tried to get the Dell driver installed on my Gateway but forgot to bring over the inf file but will try again tomorrow.