Range finder usually not working

Boomer1

My range finder on the T-72/55 usually does not work well.

The only time it worked well was on a totally bright day.

So it doesn't work on not-perfect weather conditions?

When the weather isn't perfect (perfect = blue sky and no clouds at all) I can get it to find only up to 350m. Farther then that it only shows 9980 or something.

So what's the point with that?

Again a question for RL T-72 tankers: what's the real range that can be measured according to an effective hit?

Bad weather conditions, smoke and dust will deprive your sight, although the announced ranges are beyond anything that could be simulated :confused:

But I'm not talking about bad weather conditions here, I'm talking about not perfect conditions (again, perfect - totally clear sky in the middle of the day).

In the River Mission the conditions are great and I can't find any ranges above 350m for example...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by gunnersman:

And under 300m or so and beyond 2000m (I think) it goes back to 9980 which is bore site (battle site, what have you). That means the barrel goes back to level position.

When a lot of dust and smoke are up then it is difficult to get an accurate ranging as well.

1500m

Originally posted by Gato:

Again a question for RL T-72 tankers: what's the real range that can be measured according to an effective hit?

400-3000m. In addition, gunner has a switch that tells the LRF to ignore any returns below 1200 or 1800 meters. If you lase target that is below 400m the sight goes to battlesight range which is 800m.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats not always necesarily the case. The maps in this game dont get much bigger than 2Km anyway. At any rate the terrain depicted in this game makes it difficult to allow for engagements too far beyond 1500m. Not to mention the average rig wont be able to handle the graphics needed to depict the territory needed to fight at those ranges.