Giving orders to attached units (again)

I read through some threads here about how to command attached units, but somehow I don't quite get it.

How does it work?

I can set one waypoint on the map. How do I tell my units which one is to move there? Or is it really just ONE command ("one size fits all"?) for all units, including my AI driver? (Sometimes I am tempted to order him out of the tank and shoot him with the main gun BTW - he is so stupid...)

I can't quite believe that. It cannot possibliy be THAT simplistic. There must be some way to select a unit and then tell it what to do.

I mean, come on, decade-year-old games like Operation Flashpoint had really cool maps and ways to move your units around on the battlefield. I must be missing something here.

Or don't I?

Unfortunately, the manual is not very helpful, either. Is there some online tutorial or something?

This sim could be so great, but it's the little things that can drive you crazy.

The way I look at it, is your not the overall commander of the battle.. Your simply one guy commanding a tank. So you wouldn't have complete control over everything on the field. Just be able to tell them to go over here and blow stuff up.

Besides, its more realistic that way.