This Item Is Excellent

tankski

Yesterday morning I played the single player "Meeting Engagement" scenario. I had not mastered the system for ordering the other T-72's in my platoon so I gamely sortied by myself. I had the most satisfying and engrossing time with a PC tank simulator I have ever experienced. Every second of the hour or longer I was in that action was fascinating. I let the AI gunner fire at will while I concentrated on siting the tank and evasion. The effects of an approaching anti-tank missile were fantastic! At first I did not know what it was---the way it climbed and dived trailing a cloud of vapor baffled me. Non-penetrating hits made a shower of sparks. Some of our opponents skylined themselves and my gunner instantly nailed them. When we were near-missed, I would order a high speed reverse, and disappear behind a dust cloud. I would wait a few minutes and reappear at a slow crawl, and the gunner would hit the vehicles that had closed during our absence. It was like a page out of Kahalani's THE HEIGHTS OF COURAGE, or PANZER ACES---completely immersive. We managed to win the scenario---I was surprised because I expected to be blown to kingdom come any moment! I am extremely pleased with this item. It makes the old standards completely obsolete. I hope this turns into an entire line of PC tank simulators!