Unoffical "annoying" infantry sound fix....

Madmatt

Some people have said that they don't like some of the outside infantry sound effects. These are the samples that say stuff like:

"Here they are!!!"

"Oh no..."

"run!"

"Fight"

and other random things.

Personally, I find these sounds can become repetitive and annoying very quickly and a little too loud to be heard from within a running tank. As such, I have removed them totally from my copy of T-72 and you can too. These sounds are only used by infantry and troops outside the tank, this will not affect any crew sounds of your own tank.

Here is a screenshot of some of the sounds you can remove safely. They are all located in \DATA\SOUNDS folder.

Although this is an unofficial list, I have played the entire game without problem with these files removed but use at your own risk! Might be best to simply move them into a backup folder in case you find you want or need them back.

sound%20removal%20list.gif

There may be some other sounds that you can remove but I believe the list above has some of the most annoying.

Madmatt

[ July 12, 2005, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont get the above post by the don900 at all?.

Complete with dickhead spelling & caps , yelling for attention I guess....anyways

Thanks madmatt , those sounds were really ....ing me off , I used your fix & havent had any issue's.Cheers for posting it mate!! smile.gif