Laser rangefinder not always working

Eisen

Enjoying the game. I noticed though on Target range single mission that after a while the laser range finder stopped working (R mouse button for me). Also surprised that the frame rate on my new 3.6 PCI express rig with a Nvidia 6800 Ultra and 1 MB main memory.

Eisen, maybe it's damaged? Also, the rangefinder won't work on ranges below (going from memory here) 300 meters or so. I will show 9999 instead I think. Oh, and lastly, smoke and fog can have an effect on the rangefinder, too, at least from certain ranges on.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Also, the rangefinder won't work on ranges below (going from memory here) 300 meters or so. It will show 9999 instead I think.

400 meters, if you lase below that range the sight should return to battle sight range, ie 800m.

My Bad! It was lasing a very close object. actually works fine now that I understand it. I do get a core.exe application error after intro video but clicking ok takes me to menu screen and game runs well. Game freezes on occasion. Twice so far in 2 days. Running latest Nvidia drivers 77.72 and latest Audigy 2 drivers from creative.