weird joystick problem

hey guys.

Installed the game... started her up no problem.

I was amazed that my logictech wingman extreme joystick worked perfectly! I started doing the driver lesson mission.

I exited and started fooling around with graphics settings. Needless to say.. I screwed something up because I got back into the game and there was no longer any grass in the world. No kidding... the ground was all black.

Sooooo..... I uninstalled amd reinstalled.

Got grass back.

To my horror... the joystick did not work anymore. I exited and then did a full diagnostic on my joystick through windows and it was connected and being recognized fine.

Started the game up again... still no joystick use.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game again. No joystick.

I KNOW THAT IT WORKS with the game!! What did I do the first time when it DID work?!!! Help me out Moon!

You can enable and disable joystick input from the little configuration program. It's under the realism tab. Scroll all the way down and make sure that "Joystick off" is set to "no".

When your grass disappeared, then you probably set "grass distance" to 0 smile.gif

Martin

GREAT!

About the grass... I checked that the setting you mentioned was not set to zero as it would make sense... I had weird black splotches on the main menu too. No matter... after the reinstall all is well! I think another program in windows screwed up my graphics.

I'll try your joystick tab as soon as I get my work done.

You're one heck of a tech support!! Thanks for responding so fast!!!

I'm bracing for a hurricane to strike the Atlanta area late tomorrow and early Monday... hoping to stay inside where its dry and blow stuff up.

smile.gif

cheers!