Mission Editor

JohnE

Hello everyone!! I have been looking forward to this title for a while and have ordered it despite a few unanswered questions.

From searches I understand the campaign is somewhat linear, but have read about random occurrences. In the editor is it possible to add these or are they completely random? also is it possible to create new campaigns with the editor or is it SP missions only? And finally how linear are the campaign missions, do you have to complete all the objectives in order to 'pass on' to the next level? ans if this is the case does each mission play out exactly the same?

Hello JohnE!

>In the editor is it possible to add these or are they completely random?

If I understand correctly what you're asking, then the answer is yes - you can script and specify random events yourself in the editor. You could for example activate a different waypath for AI controlled units randomly... during one mission they would take the left turn, during another play the right turn. Several of the campaign missions are written this way.

>also is it possible to create new campaigns with the editor or is it SP missions only?

In theory you can make a new campaign, too, but it requires a little more work, since you have to manually edit a few text files. It's a little too deep to explain this here in detail, but in short, yes, it's possible to make a new campaign.

>And finally how linear are the campaign missions, do you have to complete all the objectives in order to 'pass on' to the next level? ans if this is the case does each mission play out exactly the same?

After a number of tries, the campaign moves on to the next mission. And each mission plays differently (some more than others).

MArtin

mruiz, not from scratch, but you can (extensively) edit the supplied base maps. With extensively I mean that you can do pretty much anything you want including changing topo information, terrain specs and so on, but depending on what you do, you'll need some time and effort.

If it's just changing some map objects here and there (like placing new buildings, vegetation etc.), that can be done quickly. But if you want to change the actual topography, that can take more time and effort. I have created a new desert map and it took a few hours to do it. The editor tutorials supplied with the game explain this in more detail.

Martin