Fixed Lockup/Crashes with Athlon,KT133

Kong

After trying different versions of Via4in1 and Nvidia drivers, and trying the 686B Bug Fix and PCI Latency patch without success. I decided to try and move my SBLive. That was it boys and girls. I have 6 PCI slots, using only two, slots 3 (SBLive) and 4 (NIC). I moved the SBLive to slot 6 and all is well. I have sinced upgraded back up to Via4in1 version 4.37 and Nvidia 23.11 I have read previously of issues with SBlive and Via products and figured what the hey. I would love to know what the ISSUE is, what exactly is the conflict, but moving the card did the trick.

Specs:

Win98SE, DirectX 8.1

T-Bird 1.2Ghz

Asus A7V133

256 SDR Ram

GeForce DDR (Hercules Prophet DDR-DVI)

SBLive!

Linksys NIC

What is odd is how long I had no problems with my system, I would say 6 months of very stable use then lockups.

The SBLive, Via conflict is a known issue (The A7V133 is a Via chipset MB). Some type of resource conflict as certain PCI slots use certain resources, IRQ addresses etc. Anyway hope this helps!