CMBO background sounds what does what??

MikeT

Been doing some testing to find the same answers. Haven't reached the end of that yet, but;

- I consistently get the 5000 in a night battle I am currently fighting. Which rather surprised me. Makes me think this is a 'generic enviromental', along with 5007 (which however must be daytime generic, as it has birdsong, and it's not owls).

- I get 5004 when fighting a daytime summertime battle, july 44. Not sure if it is used in any other context. Has a lot of birdsong, so I guess it wouldn't be used for night at least, and probably only summer as well.

- 5001 and 5003 sure sound like rain. I hope they are rain, because I have changed 5001 with a rain mod recently.

- 5005 and 5006 sound like nighttime with the locust and frogs singing and all.

- 5002 puzzles me. Sounds like a cold wind in the background. Winter? Maybe fog?

I am slowly progressing with these tests and will get back when I have something of greater value. If nobody beats me to it.

Regards

Dandelion

[ September 22, 2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Dandelion ]

I have come to similiar conclusions but it was difficult to figure out. 00005007.wav is for overcast, day but not other clear, day.

I need the info for the CMMOS project of my Pacific theater mod. I got some nice jungle, swamp, beach sounds for the mod.

BTW, how do you feel about a bagpipe to replace some British speech files to be made part of CMMOS?

MikeT

Well if part of the CMMOS one could always turn the pipes on and off as desired. One could use them when playing a relevant scenario.

I am personally not overly enthusiastic about speech files as such. Regardless of how well made they tend to sound rather malplacé. I have a desire to replace these with other combat sound mods if I can. Problem is I have to make those myself, and my production is really slow. I prefer faint sounds of equipment clanking and running steps to the "Bewegung Männer" call etc. Very faint reloading sounds can also be advantageously used to replace suitable calls.

Regards

Dandelion