Request!

iplaygames2

I have a request...and it's come from multiple user errors on my part. redface.gif When you're creating a mission for one of your pilots, make him fly in his highest level plane, by default!!

I am bringing up 4 british pilots now, and my top 2 obviously have the best planes...every now and then I have to go and fly a mission with one of my bottom dwellers. After the fatigue heals, I take out one of my aces, and their plane defaults to the lower level planes I've been flying.

Nothing like expecting to go into battle in a +2 damage plane, and you wind up in a -1 mod!!!

Argh! :mad:

Thanks Brian. ;)

Also, for some reason, my auto-update doesn't seem to be working. Sixx was kind enough to email me the files I needed, but was just wondering if you knew why the auto-update wasn't working for me?

Not behind any other firewalls, and DiF is cleared to pass the windows default firewall.

Which files did he e-mail to you? I ask because we used to have quite a few aircraft files that were available via the auto-updater. These were aircraft that we released as free updates after the main game was released and included aircraft such as the F4F Wildcat, Buffalo I, Ki-102 Randy, Me-410 and revised versions of the Spitfire I and Bf-109B.

We removed these from the auto-updater because they were causing the initial update for some users to be quite large. Plus, the latest version of the game that is available via download already has these aircraft included (although the CD does not), and the upcoming Eastern Front expansion will also include these files.

So, if Sixx sent you the aircraft files for any of those aircraft, that's probably the reason. If you want to download all the "freebie" aircraft files, send an e-mail to difadmin@battlefront.com and I'll provide you with information on how to download the files via FTP.