Eastern Front - Down in Flames Expansion Announced

Madmatt

August 15th, 2006

Eastern Front Expansion for Down in Flames announced

Take to the skies over the Eastern Front with this new expansion for the critically acclaimed Down in Flames computer game. Eastern Front adds new planes, pilots, skills, campaigns, AI enhancements and more to expand the war in the skies of World War II.

For the first time, you can fly as either Polish or Russian pilots and command new exciting planes like the LA-7 and IL-2M or take to the skies in Polish P.11C's and P.37's. But it's not just Russia and Poland that get updated planes, 29 new planes have been added, including the awesome German ME-262 jet fighter and the British Tempest V.

Eastern Front also offers over a dozen new online campaigns featuring battles over Russia, North Afrika, Europe, Japan and the Pacific and all of the new campaigns have been designed to feature the new planes.

actionLog.jpg

Click here to read more details on the Eastern Front expansion!

Its not a bug. The problem isnt something that doesnt work correctly, Brian is a damn good programmer. Just something that may not work the way its intended.

But soon I dont imagine will work out to be this weekend. After Dan and Brian work out the details maybe they can better tell you when a good time soon turns out to be.

-Ray

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

Its not a bug. The problem isnt something that doesnt work correctly, Brian is a damn good programmer. Just something that may not work the way its intended.

But soon I dont imagine will work out to be this weekend. After Dan and Brian work out the details maybe they can better tell you when a good time soon turns out to be.

-Ray

Ah, a play balance thing or something like that...ok, thanks for the update. Look forward to the release....remember Battlefront, a little information goes a long way for customer relations!

Originally posted by Rastakyle(rastak):

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

-Ray

Ah, a play balance thing or something like that...ok, thanks for the update. Look forward to the release....remember Battlefront, a little information goes a long way for customer relations! </font>

I'm finishing up work on the installers this weekend. From that point, Battlefront has a set of tasks to get things setup so it's available for purchase, such as producing the CD's, getting it setup for download, etc. Martin has a better idea of how long that stuff takes, but I'd guess that it should be ready to go within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Originally posted by bartbert:

I'm finishing up work on the installers this weekend. From that point, Battlefront has a set of tasks to get things setup so it's available for purchase, such as producing the CD's, getting it setup for download, etc. Martin has a better idea of how long that stuff takes, but I'd guess that it should be ready to go within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Thanks Brian!

• 4 weeks later...

We should be getting pretty close to releasing the expansion pack. I've been informed that everything is in place for the game to be downloaded and the CD's/DVD's should be in house any time now. Once that is in place, we'll put a new version out for the auto-updater and everyone will get to use the new "Custom Missions" feature.

[ September 20, 2006, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: bartbert ]