Anyone playing on a Linksys?

Flop

Flop

I a Linksys router and IMO the best way to handle this is to call their "support" line. The tech guided me through the whole process of getting DIF to run with the router. Previously I kept losing my connection to the host. I'm running fine now.

Gunhawk

Welp called Linksys and the tech walked me through some settings checks. Then he had me verify that I can play other games over the web, which I can, and he told me it was a software problem and politely ended the call.

I uninstalled it as I have spent, and yes I tracked out fo frustration, 17 hours trying to get this to work. Friday night I went through every single page of setting on the router and changes settings one at a time and after each change I would reset and try to run the game with the same result. I get the cant not connect to server check server name error.

I own and enjoy SC2 and both of the CM games but the lack technical support on a game that requires an internet connection has realy soured me and unfortunatley caused me to waste 35.00.

Sorry for the vent guys.

Happy skies. John

Originally posted by Flop:

Welp called Linksys and the tech walked me through some settings checks. Then he had me verify that I can play other games over the web, which I can, and he told me it was a software problem and politely ended the call.

I uninstalled it as I have spent, and yes I tracked out fo frustration, 17 hours trying to get this to work. Friday night I went through every single page of setting on the router and changes settings one at a time and after each change I would reset and try to run the game with the same result. I get the cant not connect to server check server name error.

I own and enjoy SC2 and both of the CM games but the lack technical support on a game that requires an internet connection has realy soured me and unfortunatley caused me to waste 35.00.

Sorry for the vent guys.

Happy skies. John

I'm surprised you let linksys get away with that.

Remove linksys game works, add linksys it doesn't. That tech support guy's main job is to get you off the phone. You needed to say "hey a-hole, it works with your %$%$% device unplugged. Keep working on it."

I'd call them back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You have to turn on port forwarding. I am at work, so don't have the port numbers handy, but all you have to do it get the port number, and then put it in the table to connect to the ip of the computer.

I know I posted the ports before, anyone got them handy?

Rune