Bomber Questions

SamF7

I've never played the board game.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the "cards" that the bombers are playing....what they are...how they work....what "ratios" the cards come in (avoiding fire versus firing back).

In order to plan better, I would like to get a feel for these cards. Anyone care to chime in?

I saw a NASTY bomber "return-fire" type of card last night that had a "target destroyed" attribute. Ouch. Fortunately, it was my bomber....

SamF7

Guest Mike

Bombers get 3 types of cards - "spoiled attck", which simple negates tthe attack, "return fire", which is the equivalent of IMS, and "Heavy fire", which is the equivalent of OOTS.

They have the same burst/damage ratings as IMO and OOTS cards.

They also have a "null" card - which is nothing - it is like having a manouvre card when you are trying to dodge - you can't use it.

Heavy fire is the rarest, and bombers can ghave whole hands full of "null" cards, or have none of htem at all - much like fighter hands.

Basically if he's shot at you once then you shuold assume he's going to shoot at you again!

Thanks SO;

Roughly; what's the ratio of Spoiled Attack/Fire&Hvy Fire/Null ??

My guess is common/common/rare...although bombers DO seem to spit out the "Heavy Fire" quite a bit.

Kudo's to the Bomber Attacking AI : I've noticed that AI is very timid about attacking bombers once they only have a hit or two left....they WILL attack at times, but only when they seem to have an "evade-type" card to go with their attack.

Guest Mike

I don't know the ratio - but probably you notice the heavy fire cards because they hit you more often!!

I find the AI has no such skills attacking bombers - I've seen AI pilots continue to attack when they have run out of evade cards and be shot down as a result - such behaviour is common.