New player

Doghouse Reily

I downloaded the demo yesterday and have deen playing on and off since then.

At first the game seemed to simple and I thought

"well I don't need to spend $35 on this game".

But I find myself going back to and playing it ever hour or so, this game is growing on me .

Before I spend $35on it I have some questions.

In the fireing cards what do the numbers mean:

in my sights 2/3hits.

What does the burst rating mean, some have a rating of 1 and others have a rating of 2?

I have a wingman that has no fatigue but has a -1

on airframe in the pilots set-up area, is this a bug or does mean something in game terms.

I know excessive fatigue means loss of skills.

Does the game support LAN play and can the camp. be played single player. Does it support hot seat play

Thanks in advance.

[ March 05, 2006, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Doghouse Reily ]

1. "In My Sights 2: 3 Hits" means that it requires 2 Bursts to play the card, and if the card is successfully played (i.e., it is not countered by your opponent), then it will inflict 3 points of damage.

2. Each aircraft has a base Burst rating which is based on the number and type of weapons it carried. A leader's base rating can be increased by improving his position. Advantaged gives a +1 Burst, and Tailing gives a +3 Burst. When a leader plays an "In My Sights" or "Out of the Sun" card, he uses up some of this available Bursts according to the Burst rating on the card. For example, the card referred to in #1 above uses up 2 Bursts. If a card requires more bursts than the leader has available, he cannot play it. Note that wingmen are not constrained by a Burst limit. They can always play any Burst card in their hand.

3. Fatigue is the only thing I know of that would result in a -1 airframe when setting up a new game.

4. The game supports both online and local play. Local games are single player only (no hot seat). Online play supports up to 4 players in one mission. Online games can be played single-player against the AI, against other players, or a mixture of AI and human players.

5. Campaign games can be played single player against the AI, or against a human opponent.