Me 110 Query

cyrano01

Any thoughts on this Me 110 that I encountered during the Battle Of Britain campaign? I can't really figure out how he managed to get a performance of 5. I believe the basic performance of a 110 is 4 and I can't see any skills that would get him an extra 1 or am I missing something blindingly obvious?

hiperf20ku.jpg

[ December 29, 2005, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: cyrano01 ]

I thought that might be the case as well, but looking at the code, I don't think that would do it.

I tried to recreate the problem by starting a Battle of Britain campaign and choosing the same pilots for a particular region. The performance correctly showed 4. However, the opposing pilots were not the same ones shown in the above screen shot. I don't know why that would make a difference, but maybe there's something weird going on there.

For what it is worth I have seen at least one other, similar, case where a 110 with High Performance was showing a performance of 6 when I felt it should have been 5. Didn't get a screenshot though.

Brian - The 5 performance value showed throughout the game and, as I found to my cost, the 110 was drawing up to 5 cards in his hand.

Kerensky, I may have this wrong but I thought altitude affected Horsepower not performance.

Just kicked off another Battle Of Britain campaign to see if I could reproduce the problem and first battle out of the hat I got the following. The 110 is showing a performance of 6. As far as I can see it should be 5 (4 plus one for high performance).

hiperf71ne.th.jpg

These cunning Luftwaffe types will stop at nothing to defeat me.

If it is at all helpful the campaign is under my account (cyrano01) on the server, it is the only BOB campaign at turn 1.

I thought altitude did not affect overall performance. Sure it affects HP and the number of cards you start the game with on your first turn, but in my reading of the manual it doesn't appear that it's supposed to alter the performance. I thought it was impossible for a 110 to have a Performance greater than 5.(4 start, plus 1 for High Performance). Are cyrano01 and I missing something? Speaking for myself, I know I miss obvious things sometimes. :D

I knew about the number of starting cards but these 110s do seem to be getting a game long 'uplift' here. I wouldn't mind but they persist in shooting down my Hurricanes and are, for a non-US fighter, built like a brick s**t-house :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll leave it in Brian's capable hands, shout if I can provide any more diagnostic information.