Trouble joining human online games

tornado

I experienced several strange occurences this weekend when I attempted to create/join online games against human opponents. I first noticed the problem on Thursday, Dec. 8. When I attempted to join an online game created by another player I could not "see" the game. I then attempted to create a game and allow him to join. He could not "see" my game. We both logged out and then logged back on, but the problem persisted. After we had each created about 3 games we were finally able to play one - but ONLY one. When that game ended the original problem occured again. I thought it might be a fluke, but it happened to me several times on Saturday and yesterday. The number of online players (best guess, here) varied from 6 to 12 at differnt times when this occured. Do you know if anyone else has dealt with this?

LOL, yes Brain I hit the refresh button several times. I did update my WIndows XP, and there was an update for .NET, but even after the update I am still having problems "seeing" other players games and they are having problems seeing mine- most everyone I've spoken to online is having this problem.

I had a problem last night starting games at all - intending only to fight agaisnt teh AI I logged off and back on again, then shut down DiF - made no difference.

I then noted that there was a dogfight intro screen open from a previous game - yes even after shutting down DiF - and it wouldn't close - so I turned the computer off and went to bed! :(

Stikman and I had problems seeing each others games last night, and we noticed that as long a a player attempted to launch a game with a pilot that had a moderate amount of points (roughly 20-25 and above) other players could see it. If a player attempted to launch a game with a pilot with very little XP and/or skills, then noone could see the game. A very low ranking player can and was able to join a game created by a moderate pilot. I do not know what logic prevents a low rated pilot from being able to launch a human v human game. SixxKiller and I discussed this issue very early this morning and I gave him an illustration, he may be able to give you more assistance.