Experience gain related to opponent's level?

pmiranda

Hi,

I just registered and started playing DiF. It's just as good as the original tabletop game, congratulations! The game is quite stable on my machine so far. smile.gif

Question:

1. Is there a way of knowing the approximate skill level of an opponent's pilots before fighting him?

2. Assuming I challenge a superior team, do I get bonus experience points for winning against him? Does het get less experience if he wins?

The answer to your first question is Yes, you can see what your opponents point value is when you look at the list of games available to join. One of the columns toward the right is the point value. Depending on your resolution, you might have to scroll to the right to see it maybe.

The answer to your second question is that you are awarded points based on the value of the pilot that you shot down (or damaged). So if a 10-point pilot got shot down by a 5-point pilot, the lower value pilot would receive 10 points. If it were the other way around, the higher value pilot would only receive 5 points.

Bartbert said:

"The answer to your second question is that you are awarded points based on the value of the pilot that you shot down (or damaged). So if a 10-point pilot got shot down by a 5-point pilot, the lower value pilot would receive 10 points. If it were the other way around, the higher value pilot would only receive 5 points."

My question:

Which points? "Cumulative" or "available".

Thanks

Gunhawk

You would get both. Cumulative points are the points that you have got in all your missions, and avaible points are the points that you can spend on skills.

Example: You fly a new pilot up to 50 expiernce points, that means that he has 50 points cumulative and availble. Now you buy the skill "Natural Pilot", which costs 20 points. Now he has still 50 cumulative experience, but only 30 availble experience points, because he had spend 20 on the skill.