Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

SC has several levels of AI including Novice, Beginner, Intermediate, Expert.

Any idea on how the AI levels will affect the game in SC2?

I would like to see the AI get more intelligent at higher intelligence levels.

For example - At Novice the Allied AI will never attack Ireland while at Expert it would be more likely to attack Ireland and use more devious tactics.

I would also like to have certain actions/events that would only occur at higher AI levels. For example - Spain might be more likely to join the Axis AI at Expert level while Turkey might be more likely to join the Allied AI at Expert AI.

In fact, I would like to see a Genius and Super Genius level added with players able to link scripted events and benefits to each AI level.

Example: At Genius level the Axis AI for Germany receives two free tech chits at game start, at Super Genius the German AI receives four tech chits at the start of the game. You could vary this in the editor.

Example: At Genius level the USA receives the benefit of one of three randomly generated options: 1)an extra Carrier and Cruiser unit in March 1942, reflecting the transer of units from the Pacific or 2) three bomber units or 3) a free HQ unit. Thus changing the character of each game against the Genius level AI. In one game the human player faces a stronger US navy, in another a stronger bomber force and in the third a US able to launch an invasion sooner than expected.

[ April 17, 2004, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]