Weapons and Warfare - Russian Winter

Quick question on the Russian Winter. Does it only occur in 1941? Or every year? I'm into January in 1943 and it hasn't struck yet. Also, is there anything you can do to minimize the effects besides reedeploying to Poland? Does being closer to an HQ (and in better supply) help?

I wasn't able to figure out how to find the script...

Open your WaW editor, pick the campaign, not the folder that looks like a file, the one that looks like tablet with an A on it.

When it displays the map, use the pull down menu at top(tool bar) under campaign and go to the bottom where it says edit event scripts, not the AI scripts. Open it and under Select scripts choose strength and see the Soviet winter script title?

Select it, select edit and see the whole file and an example. It seems to me....this is my first time to look at one...that it will occur 75% of the time after 12-21-41 effective in the winter only and affecting the map positions shown with a min/max range and a min/max strength loss for Axis units.

Its a one time occurrence. Now surely if I can figure this out in a few seconds, you can too!