Destroyed vs Annihilated

One good feature of the game is that the supply level of the unit that is removed due to combat makes a difference as to whether one gets the unit back cheaply, at normal cost or not at all (unit annihilated).

However, one flaw with this plan is that when a totally surrounded defending unit is in a city, cut off (isolated) and then destroyed the unit cannot be annihilated because the city will have provided some support for the unit.

When surrounded (survivors would have to cross enemy territory) whether from a city or not, so few survivors would make it that units could not be reformed on them.

I interpret the ability to rebuild the unit (especially when at a discount) as having enough unit survivors to form the structure of the unit, new recruits filling it out. If the unit was totally cut off from the supply network the survivors wouldn't have been able to get back to reform the unit.

Yes we've discussed this but it is not a game breaker and considering the loads of other code work Hubert has done I prefer to see all those new features. Had this been tackled it would have taken time away from some of them and believe me you'll be amazed at the product.

Although if you have it under 4 of supply the player will have to pay full price. So you can do that.