Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Liam VS Terif

Germany vs England, live action report smile.gif

First off, I took on the Undefeated German Machine, with Allies... England was my primary Ace Trump Card! Was a very tough fight for me personally, as playing Terif's Axis, is like playing 2 or 3 other player's Axis so I tried to give it some of my better game...

First of all, He took down all the initial Minors, went into France Early, 1939.. I fought back, by properly operating, and replacing Maginot units, but still only held out due to some luck till around April of 1940. Meanwhile England took Norway and convinced the Iraqi people that they should love the Crown, so we got convoys from Egypt, Norway and Iraq. He then proceeded to build up the Axis War Machine. He got Italy going and took the MiddleEast, without a contest from me really... He brought Spain in and soon after in 1940 took out Sweden and retook Norway. That was the end of my short Expansionist England.....

however by this point, I had managed to purchase some United States convoys and readiness for a longer war of attrition against the Germans and their Axis..

Soviet Union prepared, primarily building Land technologies and even Advanced Fighter aircraft. However unfortunately never had Motors when they were needed. The British also had Longe Range and advanced Fighters... Which were used very efficiently to perform D-Day with the United States involved in the Summer of 1941... When Barbarossa kicked off, the Minors were all DOWed, the only two that Terif got were Iraq and Syria.. He counterDOWed Ireland so I couldn't get the Morale bonus.... Turkey was the only Neutral Left throughout the game

Into the Snowy Depths of Russia... and a long bloody battle for Leningrad. The Soviets didn't manage to so much as dent German armor or units with Infantry Weapons 3, and antiTank 1... Sadly it was a downhill battle for the Germans and a meatgrinder for the Russians. We held the Caucasus until the bitter end and Soviet Russia only surrendered when our Capitol in Stalingrad was surrounded.. In Jan. 1943

In The west, attempts to break out of the Normandy BridgeHead, failed repeatedly until Allied Airpower made all the difference, it took a longggg time for our Infantry weapons to match that of the Axis and we managed to kill off half dozen Axis units and Liberate Paris.. However to no avail, as Russia was lost and was the war. With about 10 units in France Allied, 3 Bombers, 3 fighters... We had more HQs than we could use as losses were high vs very experienced and very well entrenched Axis positions. Germans were IW3, AT3 and this was unstoppable with experience bars even without a different in morale...

The only two or three breakthoughs I can say all game is that I nearly brought the USA into the War in 1940 with good diplomacy, I also nearly killed of Manny... That would've perhaps bought some time... But not much else worth mentioning, I need to brush up my Allies in order to contest such a Axis Pro

GG Terif and I look forward to more

[ September 19, 2006, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Liam ]

"You've much to learn my Apprentice tongue.gif "

DookuBZZZ.jpgstar_wars_yoda.jpg

Land:

Axis Losses Ballpark: 20-25 Units

Allies Losses BallPark: 55-65 UK USSR

Very few if any Naval Losses 2 Allied 2 Axis aprox

Only 2 air fleets destroyed purposely during the Siege of Stalingrad

[ September 19, 2006, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Liam ]