Raising hand for digital download

I know this has been raised in one capacity or another, but I just want to put my vote in for it (I assume it won't be changing though).

Digital download is a good "option", I KNOW it has strengths as well as weaknesses.

It's the manner that I increasingly buy my limited pipeline, niche market based wargames that are not about to be retail shelf friendly products any time soon.

Digital download in a swoop, eliminates several issues. It trashes shipping costs nicely, it makes a sale a matter of hours not days. The methods of copy potection are more appealing to me as well. It results in more positives than negatives.

I don't care if the price remains the same if I get the perks of "buy it now". I am not that obssessed with a box, and manuals while good (about 1 time in 4 actually) really are not why I buy or not buy a game.

I have bought more games with "lousy" manuals, than games with manuals that were worth getting.

And as for the cd and or dvd, well really feel sympathy for anyone that still can't burn a data file to a humble dvd let alone cd.

I also feel for those not on broadband.

It's as common as rain here though in Ontario, land of low cost unlimited hi tech service.

Wish you were here hehe.

So come on Battlefront, lets start thinking og going digital download. Even Matrix Games has more and more demos these days smile.gif