Please, please exuse my ignorance, but...

I have some questions, which I'm sure has been asked a thousand times over by now so, again, my apologies, regarding mods and scenarios.

1. I have the Special Edition version of Combat Mission. Do I have to "install" the mods that are in the "mods" folder ("Andrew Fox" for example), or are they already set up? If not, how do I go about "installing" them? IE what do I do with the zip files, etc?

2. when downloading battles/scenarios off the net, all I do is unzip them to the scenarios folder, correct?

3. where are the best places to download scenerios and/or mods?

Thanks for any help you could give!

[ September 07, 2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: lazysack ]

Hi there,

I'll pass on 1 as I haven't actually seen a special edition version of the game, but;

2. Correct, after you've done the obligatory virus scan smile.gif As it happends, Mods are extracted into the bmp folder (or wav folder if a sound mod) in the same manner. Exception here is CMMOS, but CMMOS comes with a separate easy-to-follow instruction.

3. You'll find almost all of them here. Speeds are a bit slow, traffic seems intense on the site. But the content will keep you quite busy for quite a while I'm sure.

Good luck

Dandelion

CMMODs is a good site for mods, for extra scenarios The Scenario Depot has the largest number. There is also Boots and Tracks which doesn't have so many, but what they have is of a very high quality, most of the stuff is by guys who designed the scenarios for CMBB.

Edit to note that Boots and Tracks site appears to be down at the moment :( .

[ September 08, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Firefly ]