How Can I turn off The USSR Entering War Automatically

What Scripts do i need to make not active when i start the 1939 Fall Weiss campaign to keep the Soviets from automatically entering the war. The reason I ask is I am trying the alternate history of Hitler being smart and not opening a two front war. Thus I understand them entering against me if I attack them but otherwise I want them to stay out. Thanks

Edit activation_3.txt.

Where you see entries like this:

; Event for increased USSR activation:

[snip]

#ACTIVATION= [3,7] [2]

You need to edit the activation variables down. If you reset them to [1,2] that should give you plenty of time. In theory [0,0] is what you want, but there's a chance that might cause problems (that's not based on any knowledge on my part as I've never edited them - I'm just risk averse smile.gif ).

There are other effects (i.e. increases in readiness when you declare war on minors), but they won't be a huge problem. One thing to remember though is you can easily beat the AI as it is, so switching off readiness increases will give you a cake walk game (as Russian industrial output is tied to their readiness level).

You can also just change it in the options menu when you start a new game:

Options -> Advanced -> Scripts -> Activation#3

In the event list you only have to deselect USSR->Allies number 1-4 and USSR will not join Allies any more on its own.

If you want to cripple it completely so your Axis can also attack everyone and do whatever they want and Russia still doesn´t join, then you only need to additionally deactivate all activation scripts under number 1+2 also that increase russian readiness by Axis DoWs etc. (marked with USSR->Allies).

The question is if it makes much sense to play without USSR cause then even a blind one could win the game as Axis... tongue.gif;)