Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Info/Kills Box

Hi there, I'm a newbie to CMBB and there are just not enough hours in the day to play this great game!!!

I've got only one gripe at this stage, sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it using the search engine.

When I click on the Kills box for a unit the left hand 1mm is cut-off, most words are still obvious but it's annoying me not being able to see the infantry kills number.

Can anyone help? Or direct me to the right word combo to use in the search engine?

Cheers and may your first shots always be kills!

Hi there and thanx for taking the time.

My system is as follows:

HP Desktop Pavilion 564a 2.4GHz Pentium 4 running Windows XP.

Video card is an Intel Extreme Graphics with 64Mb dynamic video memory.

Monitor is Phillips 109S 19" with settings of 1024 by 768 True Color 60Hz.

Yes, it's only the Info/Kills boxes, everything else runs beautifully and fast.

Cheers.

I researched your box at HP, so here's the deal:

First and foremost, the Intel Extreme Graphics chip ain't so good. Neither is its' successor, the Extreme Graphics 2 chip. I have played CMBB, I think, while setting up my fathers' rig last year on such a chip, but I honestly don't recall this 1mm video shift problem. You will not see fog, either, though of course that has no bearing on battles with fog in them (just a shorter LOS).

Unfortunately, the motherboard in your HP does not have an AGP slot, which would allow you to get a decent graphics card and disable the on-board EG chip. There are a few PCI slot (of which your system has three) video card solutions, let us know if you wish to proceed in that direction.

I would suggest making sure that your driver for the EG chip is up to date - the newest driver dated 12/2003 is available here.

Let us know how you make out.

I followed your link and did the upgrade but no change to the game.

Then a lightning bolt struck! and I noticed a huge right hand black margin that I hadn't noticed b4 (too engrossed in playing the game!) and quickly solved the problem with a simple HORIZONTAL ADJUST OF THE MONITOR...duuuhhppp! (I feel like Homer would).

But many thanx for your help with that link to the upgrade as I was unaware there was one available and thanx for trying to help this newbie.

Cheers mate!