A Quick Question...

• 4 weeks later...

Luxembourg? did that exist already? and did it have an army?

anyway, I don't see the difference between the low countries of SC1 and the Benelux of SC2.(besides the name of course)

I think that you should be able to choose if you want the countries united(Benelux,Baltic states) or seperated in the real countries that existed at that time.

Have you noticed that a lot of discussions in this forum end with the suggestion that the player should have the choice.

I hope the game will still keep some of its simplicity that made it so accessible and won't give me an enormous option screen at the beginning of the game.

Originally posted by Roosevelt45:

Luxembourg? did that exist already? and did it have an army?

anyway, I don't see the difference between the low countries of SC1 and the Benelux of SC2.(besides the name of course)

I think that you should be able to choose if you want the countries united(Benelux,Baltic states) or seperated in the real countries that existed at that time.

Have you noticed that a lot of discussions in this forum end with the suggestion that the player should have the choice.

I hope the game will still keep some of its simplicity that made it so accessible and won't give me an enormous option screen at the beginning of the game.

...Luxembourg did exist. Whatever army it had did not make any difference in the development of the war. However, its neutrality prior to the invasion kept the French Army (and the Belgian Army) from taking possitions within it. On the other hand, I think (not sure) that the Maginot line extended "behind" Luxembourg, so it did not make much sense for the French or the Belgians to place any troops there.

The game engine limits you to to six major countries and 22 minor countries. Within this restriction the editor allows you to name the countries what you want and adjust their borders.

If you divide the Baltic States into 3 countries then you have to remove 2 countries elsewhere. Which two countries are more important to game play - Norway and Sweden, Bulgaria and Hungary, or Estonia and Latvia? Given the restriction of 22 minor countries I think that the designer has made the right choice.

The only way to avoid this trade-off would be for the designer to increase the maximum number of minor countries. ;)

Perhaps to 30, a nice round number that is divisable by 2, 3,5, 6, 10 and 15. :D

[ May 06, 2004, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]