River Crossing/Attacking Question...

I was hoping some of you all could clarify a question for me regarding crossing and attacking across rivers.

(U = Unit)

River tiles.jpg

River Tiles

1.) If U1 attacks U2 will U1 suffer a 50% attacker combat strength loss?

2.) If U2 attacks U1 will U2 suffer a 50% attacker combat strength loss?

3.) If U2 moves into Square 3, will U2 pay an additional action point for crossing a river?

4.) If U3 moves into Square 2, will U3 pay an additional action point for crossing a river?

Thanks for clarifying,

--AOM

*hmm... No image for me?

[ September 12, 2006, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: An Old Man ]

Here you go.

River%20tiles.jpg

1.) If U1 attacks U2 will U1 suffer a 50% attacker combat strength loss?

2.) If U2 attacks U1 will U2 suffer a 50% attacker combat strength loss?

3.) If U2 moves into Square 3, will U2 pay an additional action point for crossing a river?

4.) If U3 moves into Square 2, will U3 pay an additional action point for crossing a river?

Thanks for clarifying,

--AOM

Hehe what i meant was you should add a percentage sign and the number 20 instead of the space hehe. Just rightclick and press properties on the picture from RJ smile.gif Or rename the file that you uploaded.

The way you posted it was right in the first place smile.gif

Can also click the UBB code is enabled Link on the left side of the box where you type your messages. All the correct tags are there.

To clarify the questions:

Whenever a river is between two enemy units, then the combat value of the attacker will be halved (i.e. if he normally would do an expected damage of 10 he now only does 5).

So the answers to Q1+2 are yes since there is in each case a river between them - on which of the tiles it is doesn´t matter for combat.

Movement works a bit different - here it depends on which tile the river is placed and who is the owner of the tile (country colour). Rivers on your own tile don´t matter for movement, only if you have to cross a river situated on an enemy tile there is one action point penalty.

BTW: In winter weather rivers are frozen and there is no penalty for crossing.

So the answers to Q3+4 are yes since on both hexes is a river towards the side the unit will be coming from (unless it is winter weather, then no penalty) .

More interesting is if U1 moves into square 2 - here there is no penalty since the river is on the hex that already belongs the owner of U1 and on square 2 is no river towards this side smile.gif .

[ September 12, 2006, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]