Editor Problem: Making map bigger

Just spent 3 hours trying unsuccessfully trying to make the United States bigger on the map. I am able to make the map longer on the north and south sides but have found it impossible to make the map bigger on the north and west sides. Every time, that I try to use the "shift contents" command, I have to wait a long time while the computer checks every tile, and then I get script error messages. Isn't there a simple way to add a few tiles in the north and west and compile the map, when all the changes are done?

and then I get script error messages
Yeah, this was spotted last week and needs to get fixed. The Editor is normally pretty good, in that it will automatically update scripts with new tile locations when you do a map shift. The problem here is with the new AI diplomacy scripts, and we just didn't spend a whole lot of time at the end testing every detail.

You're probably doing everything correctly if you're following the Help file instructions, so just hang on until Hubert gets a patch out to resolve this. Btw, are you finding the Help file helpful enough?

Thank you for the speedy reply. Since extending the map was the first thing that I tried (unsuccessfully) I just gave up on the editor somewhat annoyed. On a positive note, the game itself is excellent, and well worth waiting for. A huge improvement over SC1. I have already redesigned all the icons to be more like the Sc1, and am looking forward to a map editor which is fully functional.