Frustrated with SC and need help!

Hey all. I have played SC1 so many times I can't count and I consider myself pretty good, not great but good, lol. Well now as I have been diving into SC2 I have yet to find any sucess against the AI even on the basic level when playing the Axis. I understand it shouldn't be a push over by any means but the problems I keep running into aren't as much strat as much as understanding the new game. I thought if I listed my issues here someone could help me out with it better than I can get from the instructions.

1. How is it that supply works? I keep running into issues where units next to an HQ who is 2 spots from a supply level 10 city can't move. My units are out of supply to invade the Netherlands? That doesn't make sense to me so there must be something I'm missing.

2. How does weather affect movement?

3. Does anyone really have the points to spare from purchasing units to actually ty research or diplomacy? I mean I can throw one or two points into each but that is about it because I need all the units in the game to attempt the USSR fight. It seems I never have enough units for the east.

4. Am I the only one that hates winter because you can't see things like where you can deploy new units or the squares where you can move? It always seems come winter the screen gets washed out in white.

5. Does anyone think windowed mode will ever be available? I'd love to switch back and forth to media player to listen to music or check my email.

Ok sorry for all of the ranting. I like the game but right now I just have a high frustration level because of not understanding what should be basic.

Biscuit

Start with Axis Fall Weiss '39

basics are this:

do not mess with any preset issues with your units! Do not even go there... All your units automatically fall under supply and control of the nearest HQ so long as you do not mess with anything.

In Germany or France and especially in the Low Countries there is pretty much a zero chance unless you run deep into those tiles you'll ever hit 0 supply.

Secondly:

click on a unit, the HQ in control will highlight itself it will also reveal everything about the unit. there is no real skill to killing and taking Poland & France. Just move in a wave of units and take your objectives, against the AI, these two nations are the only requirements along with the Low Countries to get to the second half of the game.

Thirdly, before you attack the USSR so long as you've no annoyed any minors you'll have Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria... You do not need anything more. Should have bought an extra HQ and 5 or 6 land units, which 1 HQ will control and invade Russia, stay close to Cities till they reach 5 supply and then attack out.. Use Air to unentrench and soften a target then use multiple land attacks to kill... Do no put your units out alone, keep them in batches to support and protect...

It may take you about 10 times, but you should be able to defeat the Russians, when you are going to attack on a unit, if you look on top of your screen you seen the projected losses and projected casualties you'll inflict. If this figure is not a good one, maybe you shouldn't always throw your units into combat. The game is complex, get past the Training wheel stages and you'll kick butt...as it becomes very simple, all you need is a mouse and a little patience,

the manual comes in handy after the basics. Good Luck and welcome to SC2 Community

As far as playing music just hit the windows key on the keyboard while playing and load up a bunch of music on windows media and away you go. I can switch out of the game anytime I want without exiting it by using the windows key. If you dont have a windows key there must be a tab or a function key to switch out but I dont no what it is.