Allies ready for the New World order

I am just at late 1943 and playing as the Allies on the hardest setting available my head is being handed to me on a platter.

The Germans have taken every Russian city except Stalingrad and the very farthest cities of the Urals.

The Yanks have arrived and after a lengthy pounding of Cherbourg we have eventually begun to threaten Paris.

I have coaxed Greece to enter on our side and landed my Deset Rats over to try to create 3 Fronts but the Germans have so much fire power now and have also brought Spain in on their side.

I think its all over for us and the point of the Message was to say that subject to the problem of the Americans landing and forming a second front when you play as the Axis which i know is being sorted at the moment. On the hardest settings this game is fantastic and the AI as hard as ever.

look forward to the patch still

My experience is different, against the AI on the hardest settings.

This is a typical first few turns for me.

First of all : I move ALOT of troops to France to defend it : all the UK troops in Egypt (including the reinforcements that arrive there), the entire French and UK fleet, both French corpses. The Italians join the war alot faster because of this, but I can sometimes manage to defend France until the spring of 1941...

I even buy an extra Britisch army and transport it to Paris. I always get the three UK-armies and the HQ out of France before it collapse (I save MPPs for the operation costs to Brest and Cherbourgh (?), but I usually loose the UK-corpses. Oh, well.

Second... From the very first turn on, I sell all the research points from Russia at half their price except heavy tanks and Advanced infantry. Every single MPP from Russia goes to Advanced infantry, until I got 5 points in it. When I advance a level to level 2, I put another point in it, so it's back to 5.

This gets me to level three of Advanced Infantry BEFORE the Germans attack Russia. I only buy 5 extra corpses for Russia, nothing else.

All the rest of the Russian money goes to upgrading the troops to advanced infantry level 3.

Then, I form a frontline with Russia, 2-3 hexes away from the border and let them come and commit suicide against my wall of level-3 infantry.

I never, ever, ever loose one single Russian city against the AI with this tactic... Not ONE. I'd see it as a Major Loss if I loose one single city !

At a certain moment, usually in the spring of 1942, the tide turns and I can counter-attack with my rank 3 Russian troops. For distraction, I land both Britisch armies, the Britisch tank and the Britisch HQ near Brest, take Brest (it uauslly takes two turns) and generally just draw German troops to me, so that the Russians get it easier.

So no, I don't even wait for the US to join to launch "D-Day", I do it with the Brits only.

The only use that I have for the US-troops is to take Rome, it's faster to land the US there then let the USSR fight it's way in from the north.

By the spring of 1943 the war is over : the Russian took Berlin and Munich (I advice you to take Munich first, it's a pain to take when he defends it as his capital) and the Americans took Rome (often with the help of the UK air fleet).

----

In my last games, I even play more agressively with the Allied : after France falls, I conquer Norway, Sweden and Finland with the UK.

This ensures that the US doesn't even enter the war at all, but that way the Britisch get ALOT more MPPs. And their airforce can help the Russian out...

I still got to iron out a few things, but I think that with this scenario the war can even over by the end of 1942. Two three UK armies, their tank and their two airfleets make a BIG difference on the eastern front.