i know ull be able to build fortifications

but wat about bases?

and ports?

theres going to be engineers in the game, so why not a bit of base building?

now before u start saying that it would be like command and conquer... tongue.gif

u NEED bases

or u cant fight and continue to fight and defeat the enemy

they would be like cities, able to better cater to military forces, and of course be more defensible

they could also have fixed airfields, that of course can be taken and retaken and bombed, and they can be built on the coast, like the germna uboat bunkers, and of course any uboats or subs docked there, can not be hurt unless they come out

if i remember right, NO uboat bunker was ever cllapsed, unless they used the Tall Boy bombs (6 tons)

then i suppose theycouldve been collapsed

ill have to do sum research lol

but anyway, these bunkers were TOUGH, they still stand today

in the book - Thunder in the deep, its 2011, and apartheid has been restored in south africa, and germany has crowned the 4th kaiser wilhelm after a coup

south africa, after going naughty, started to sink british and us merchants. allied forces drained from europe, and an allied naval task force sailed for south africa

en route they were ambushed, which resulted in the loss of 3 allied aircraft carriers and thousands of lives

WW3 breaks out...

and the New Axis of South Africa and Germany nuke warsaw and tripoli

and of course the battle of the atlantic begins again

but its TACTICAL NUCLEAR war this time

subs r arrmed with nuclear torpedos and missiles, as are warships and other military units

and continental europe is overrun, and yes, the Channel Tunnel (Chunnel) is destroyed by the british to prevent an invasion

long sotry short lol

the Uboat pens built 50 years before, are again used by german forces as uboat bases

yes its just a book but i think that would be realistic as we all know theyre still standing

any thouts?

ideas?

Your too far ahead of the rest of us in your thoughts on a Strategic Game... .

I thought i was the only one on the Outer-Fringes of the "Outer Limits"...but...Hey!...just keep the ideas rolling out...some of them might actually make it into the game or even a MOD!.

***ADVANCED & SECRET WEAPONS SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT*** http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=34;t=000295

[ December 08, 2004, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

The scale of a hex in SC is 50 miles. How many bases and airfields can fit in a hex? Still think its a good idea?

In a roundabout way, I think what you really are after is the logistical infrastructure that supports a military force. While I would support a more realistic version, I wouldn't support any level of representation beyond what is already abstracted now.