Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AI Handicap Suggestion - More than Experience

Currently Sc2 offers AI handicap of Plunder and Experience in 0.5 increments! smile.gif

Based on my short experience with the game I suggest that two more AI handicap options be added with new Event Scripts. (as this would not involve changing the user interface and players could easily activate or deactivate them).

a. Diplomacy Bonus - where the AI would receive up to a total of X chits in one or more randomly selected country(ies).

b. Tech Bonus - where the AI receives X chits in a single randomly selected tech area.

You could have multiple Diplomacy and Tech Scripts for each country ID, but only the first one triggered would execute. This would allow for randomness in the bonus given to the AI.

Example:

Diplomacy_Bonus Event

AI= 1 (for AI is Axis)

Level = 5 (for Expert AI Level)

Type= 1 (default event)

Flag= 0 (only occurs once)

Country_ID= 5 (for Germany)

Trigger= 50 (50% of the Time the Expert AI receives a Dipolomacy Chits Bonus)

Chits= 3 (number of bonus diplomacy chits)

Target= % [Country_ID][Max Chits] (% chance this target is selected, country ID and maximum diplomacy bonus chits that would be applied to this neutral country.)

Target= % [Country_ID][Max Chits]

Date= 1939/09/30

This hypothetical event would give the German AI at Expert Level a bonus of 3 diplomacy chits in the country(ies) listed in the Target lines where each line in this section has a percentage chance to be selected. If 2 units are used in the first target then only 1 unit is avaialbe for subsequent targets.

I could see at Expert Level the Allied UK AI receiving 3 Diplomacy Bonus chits and putting them into Spain or Turkey, the most likely targets of any Human Diplomatic Actions.

Conversely at Expert Level I could see the Axis Germany Bonus chits going into Spain or Turkey or the numerous Minor Nation Allies (Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria) or even the USA!

My suggestion for the German AI Diplomacy Chits Bonus would be:

AI = 2 (Beginner)

----------- No Diplomacy Chits Bonus

AI = 3 (Intermediate)

----------- 50% 2 Chits (5 in 10 games)

-----------100% 0 Chit (5 in 10 games)

AI = 4 (Expert)

------------20% 5 Chits (2 in 10 games)

------------50% 3 Chits (5 in 10 games)

-----------100% 2 Chits (3 in 10 games)

[ April 17, 2006, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]