Scenario Tester Needed

I need a tester. I am already testing as allied, I would like to run 1 test as axis. We are well underway in the 1st test is working fine. You will need some horese under your hood (CPU Intensive) and some bandwith wont hurt either. If this sounds cool, Please contact me Via e-mail

Tom the "Big Dog" Oliver

Big Valley beta v1.0

Date: 9/44 (5/25/01)

Length: 40 turns

Side: American (U.S.) Vrs German (SS)

Size: Reinforced Motorized Battalion-level

(with large armor attachments)

Battle: Fictitious Meeting Engagement

Weather: Clear & Dry

Author: Tom the "Big Dog" Oliver

CM: v 1.12

Best Played: as PBEM

Designer’s Notes:

1. This is a huge map, with a large force it will most likely tax slower systems. With the heavy tree cover and distances that need to be covered, the AI has trouble and it’s not advisable to play against the AI.

2. The map has multiple approaches, good cover and is set up for equal play. Both forces are equal in points & composition. I set it up so that the opening forces are using Fionn Kelly’s Short 75 rule, then about 1/2 way through the battle we move into Fionn Kelly’s Panther 76 rule. Total points are approximately 10000 per side 6000pts with the opening force. 4000pts in reinforcements, broken into 3rds.

3. Patton’s 3rd Army is driving up from the South East. As they push North East the Germans continue to try to slow the 3rd Army’s advance to the unmanned Siegfried Line.

4. The battle is take control of the main bridge at the center of map. The Valley runs East–West with a winding river running through the center. There are 3 bridges in the Big Valley. The main stone bridge in the center, a small wood bridge at the West end of the valley & a longer wood rail bridge at the East end. The river has numerous fords for infantry crossings.

5. For the Americans you must cross to the North side of the river and establish & control a bridgehead at the main crossing.

6. For the Germans you must stop Patton’s spearhead and try to reestablish a MLR at the river.

7. If you’re like me preferring larger battles with lots of options to achieve victory I think you will enjoy this Scenario. Both sides’ needs to cover their flanks with the diagonal setup zones it makes for the best kind of meeting engagement.

Please let me know what you think of Big Dogs Big Valley. We appreciate all comments, or suggestion for improvement.

toliver2@home.com

[ 06-05-2001: Message edited by: Bigdog ]