OH MY GOD!! HOW DO I LIBERATE PARIS??

I swear, I suck at this game. It seems like I have the worst luck ever. You get 13 shermans in that mission. I lost every single one adn was only able to take out two stinkin' Tigers, adn a a small tank that ended with "loch" maybe kittloch, or wissloch or something liek that. My infantry are tired damaged and understrengthed within moments!! Please someone tell me how ot tkae out those damn tigers! They shoot adn hit form a mile away!

PLease someone help me!

I paused the game to come out here and tell you that my plan is going good so far. I used a textbook tank thrust against MG42 squad, took em out along with 2 infantry platoons, and a crew. Then took out Hotchkiss, two Panzers, adn I only lost 2 Sherman!

Lets just say that isnt the best of scenarios for a newbie, but listen NEVER under any circumstances take shermans and go head to head with a Tiger, the Sherman has a low velocity 75mm, the Tiger, an 88mm HIgh Velocity, the only way to get a sure knock out (with an M4)is be close and hit the Tiger in the ass, USE hit and run tactics, hide your troops, and when you see enemys fire at them then move and hide again, thats how I beat it, continuous hit and run and hide tactics, when I used them I won with little VEry little casualties, but I suggest you start over, and be sure to practice with Quick BAttles, they will get you into the sattle fast! (i AM NOT A NEWBIE DONT BE MISTAKEN BY MY MEMBER NUMBER! i JUST CHANGED MY SCREEN NAME LIKE TWO WEEKS AGO!)

Much Luck to You

-Fieldmarshall

[ 07-14-2001: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]

Right on Fieldmarshel!(sp)

Nutball, When the enemy has tanks of any kind in the area, they should be your main concern. If you're the allies, the krauts MGs should also be a concern. If you must move your tanks out into the open, have them lay down smoke as they move and have them move on "fast" mode to a predetermined spot that offers adequate cover for a tank. I always have my zooks riding on my tanks, so when I see an opportunity to have them jump off and run forward to out flank an enemy tank, they are not already tired.

Basicly, I take on the enemie's biggest killers first. Then work the enemy down to their kitchen police!!

Hope this helps, Warhammer

P.S. the previous post was a great idea; work your way up to a scenerio like that!

:cool:

I finally beat it on the same save I described to you before. I used a slight Sherman advance in the direction of the Hotel. I sent three tanks through the side streets to engage the hotchkiss and the usual.. Mg-42 squads, infantry, sicherungs...It worked and I only lost one of those three, when I tried to dirve it to capture the hotel, but it was a ttacked by a bunch of infantry. The other two took out those infantry and captured the point. My T10's took out all but one of Tigers, adn Panzers. They hit form behind and surprised the Germans, who began scrambling for the Last objective. The met up there adn tried to counterattack, adn there was a lull in the fighting since my tnaks couldn't see throgh the walls. I had my tnaks attack the building and they destroyed it exposing the remaning squads... infantry with 10 casualties, HQ with 3 casualties 1 left, and an mg42 who surrendered. So the remaining 5 troops who were routed, and broken, kept me form getting a major victory. Stupid punks