Editing a saved game (for scenario design)

Guest Simon

Guest Simon

Why is it you can load and edit some saved games but not others?

I'm working on a scenario that is built around the idea of starting "in progress"

specifically I'm trying to "pick up" at the

point where a somewhat coherant force of 29th ID units managed to get off Omaha and start driving inland.

This requires shell holes and some knocked out bunkers etc. for the players force to be deployed around, and preferably some other various damaged/knocked out or bombarded features. Unfortunately the editor doesn't seem to want to load this saved game, even though I have done this with other scenarios.

In fact in one case I edited the number of turns in a saved game when I was play testing a different scenario (so I could finish it and end up with a good idea of what to set the number of turns at) and then restarted the save with 30 plus 8 new turns (in other words the save started at turn one despite being almost all the way played through).

Now for some odd reason this particular scenario which I worked on under the assumption that I could do the same "post play" sort of modification, wont load in the editor... Any thoughts?

------------------

Simon

http://members.tripod.com/~sjuncal/ammodump/