Alpha AAR Scenario?

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... Bill is probably right, but they won't work. Too many changes were made for Charles to keep that map up-to-date way back when, so this scenario (unlike the Beta Demo ones) was lost forever during the development process. However... I think those guys took lots of pics of the map in the editor so if you really wanted to you could probably recreate it from scratch. I am sure lots of people would download it if you did so smile.gif

Steve

I think I still have the Alpha version of CM somewhere on one of my zipdisks. ( I saved it for its historical interest even keeping it through 4 or 5 reformats since way back then).

I'll see if I can find it. If I can then it should be really simple to remake the scenario. (MINUS the US JABO... bastard! wink.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

However... I think those guys took lots of pics of the map in the editor so if you really wanted to you could probably recreate it from scratch.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are the AAR's still to be found on the web? There were enough pics in 'em to recreate the scenario map, and I think Moon and Fionn gave sufficient detail regarding their respective OOB's to 'clone' the whole shebang.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

(MINUS the US JABO... bastard! wink.gif )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no, no! The JABO is key! :P

Guest Madmatt

Yes! Like a good little bookeeper I have everything on CMHQ Archived! Just go to the Archives Section and you will find a link to the Original Alpha Battle AAR!!!

This is the ENTIRE battle including the very rare last 11 turns PLUS Steve's own debrief of the entire battle. Some great stuff in there and like many others, its what first got my attention and directly led to my involvement in the project... So you can blame it!!! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yes! Like a good little bookeeper I have everything on CMHQ Archived! Just go to the Archives Section and you will find a link to the Original Alpha Battle AAR!!!

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great! I'll check it out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

I think I still have the Alpha version of CM somewhere on one of my zipdisks....

I'll see if I can find it. If I can then it should be really simple to remake the scenario. (MINUS the US JABO... bastard! wink.gif )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any luck, Fionn?

Fionn, email me if you happen to find the Alpha CM + scenario. I've got the terrain finished, but the Allied OOB is a little vague (esp. regarding troop skill level), and the elevation data is difficult to infer from the AAR pics.