Print Maps etc..

Just started getting into CMBO. I apologize if my questions were addressed previously:

1) For planning purposes, is there a way to

generate a printout of:

A) The scenario map.

B) The vehicles and men in the battle or

scenario ?

2) Is it possible to issue a movement

command to the entire platoon w/o

selecting each individual squad ?

Thanks in advance.

------------------

1. Hit the 8 key on the keyboard. (not the keypad) Take a screenshot, paste it into an image editing program, and print that. Or, open the scenario in the editor. Hit the map button, and take a screenshot of the little terrain squares.

2. Doubleclick the platoon HQ. This will select all the units under his command. You can then give the entire group one set of orders. However, if you try to tell them "move to the trees and then run across the open ground" only the last order will be plotted.

You can shifit-click units to add or delete them from your group selection.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Double click the HQ? I never knew that!

And the 8 key for a screen-shot? Will that work on a PC? My Print screen button is all screwed up from a shareware print screen utility that won't take screenshots in-game. It just comes back with a nice capture of the desktop, or its somehow disabled when the game runs

No, the 8 key doesn't take a screenshot, it changes the view of the battlefield to a birds eye view. Numbers 1 through 8 all have different views.

Oh, and note that if you doubleclick the whole platoon to give them all a sneak order, when one squad starts taking fire, it will stop moving to return fire, but the rest of the platoon will keep moving. (Right, Ksak?)

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 03-29-2001).]

Don't forget that when you double-click the HQ unit you will get *all* the units in command proximity, including heavy weapons he is close to (and they may be out of the camera's field of view depending on your camera position) and if you issue orders without checking you can move units you were moving near, but had no intention of changing their orders.

(What'sthedefinitionofarunonsentence?)