Of Maps and Operations Deployment

I am working on an operation and wonder if there is a way to save maps so they can be used for multiple scenarios. Seems like a lot of work if you can only use a map you create for one scenario or operation but I can not see how to save a map only. Secondly, in an operation after the first battle can ALL enemy units redeploy to any color deployment area or do they stay in the original color they were assigned to? I have used all three colored deployment areas but if they can freely deploy after the first battle than that defeats my purpose of using all three deployment areas. Anyone out there know the answer? Thanks

Jsherfy,

There is no method to save out a map other than as a .cmb/.cmc file (i.e. a whole battle or operation). However, nothing stops you loading that and changing the units/parameters and saving as a new battle/Op. I normally just do maps and save with the default parameters and no units as "CP Son map only" or some other meaningful name, then load it in to do then next. You can also "borrow" the maps from other Ops/battles, and create your own! =) The only fly in the ointment at the moment is the inability to exchange maps between operations and battles (i.e. if you create it as an Op, you can't later use it for a battle, only a different Op...)

As to the second and subsequent battles of an operation, the deployment area is dynamically determined based on the friendly map edge, and the ground your forces control, modified by the size of the "no-mans land" selected when the Op was created. So, it will only ever be one large contiguous zone, currently at least.

Hope this helps!

Chris